Thank you so much for making our first day of school so successful and our second day amazing! Also, we appreciate how patient you have been with our new visitor pass system. I know there was a lot of information for you to take in during open house, so I wanted to remind you of a few things.
PLEASE HELP US :
- PK, K, 1st and 2nd Arrival and Dismissal procedures:
- Your students safety is our top priority. We ask that all parents with vehicles go through the car line to minimize any possible accident. Staff will load students in vehicles first. When the car line is cleared, we will then walk students across the crosswalk to parents waiting in the parking lot behind the green barriers. Again, please use the car pick up line if you have a vehicle. It is the best option for the safety of our students. Thank you for your help and patience while we do our best to get everyone loaded as quickly and safely as possible.
- Please make sure your child’s name is on the colored sheet for your car window. It should already have the teacher’s name. Write your child’s name in large print. This will make it easier for us to call for students to line up for car dismissal.
- Please do not come into the hallways or breezeways to wait for your children. We need these places free of congestion, so that we can ensure all students are safe and accounted for.
- If you have a 3rd, 4th, 5th or 6th grader, they will be waiting between the old gym and the dome for pick-up.
- If you have multiple children in different grades, please do not ask them to walk and meet a younger sibling. You must go through each line to pick up the various age level children.
- If you have multiple children in your family walking home, they will meet at the bus line up and leave from there.
- If you are making changes to the end of the day routine for your child, please send a note in his/her backpack with the details. We will not have the staff available to track students down with last minute changes. Have a plan of action for emergencies as we are all helping with the release of students and the phones may not be answered.
I know there will be questions and as soon as they are brought to my attention, I will be sure we iron out any problems we find. This is a work in progress. We will be improving this procedure as we go.
Woodsboro Elementary has always been known for their wonderful, helpful, and caring parents. I know with us all working together, we will have an awesome year!